Wednesday, March 15, 2017

17 Days of Beauty and the Beast - Day 15: Are You Happy Here?

Only three more days to our countdown, today included! I admit I was really looking forward to sharing today's ensemble with you. Despite the fact that the art on here is by Thomas Kinkade, an artist whose work I abhor on principle, I admit this particular rendering of Belle and Beast on the terrace as he asks her if she's happy...is quite lovely. Beast's castle in the background, the watercolor shades of purples and pinks...it's truly lovely.

I bought this skirt on Amazon for our Disney trip last Christmas, but when it arrived it didn't fit quite right. The skirt is one size fits all, and the elastic waist was just fine, but the length...oh my. It was indecently short. So my mom and I added fabric to lengthen it. The fabric we chose just happened to be in a William Morris pattern, one of my favorite artists. So this skirt went from being unwearable to suddenly being strong competition for my favorite item in my wardrobe.

The flower clip I'm wearing in my hair is made of paper, and was a handmade gift from my friend Shveta Thakrar. The words on it tell the story of The Twelve Dancing Princesses, my second favorite fairy tale, and the only one I love almost as much as Beauty and the Beast.


 My pin is currently available at Disney World as a Disney Visa Rewards item, and through the Disney Parks merchandise app!


No comments:

Post a Comment