Sunday, March 5, 2017

17 Days of Beauty and the Beast - Day 5: Human Again

I admit, I have a preference when it comes to my retellings of Beauty and the Beast: I prefer the Beast to not transform at the end. It just seems like such a cop-out to me for Belle to fall in love with Beast for who he is, and then have her "rewarded" by him turning handsome. What?? But despite this, I still adore Disney's movie as-is, including the ending.

I'm wearing a new shirt from Kohl's. I saw it on their website and loved it immediately. I'm a sucker for "cold shoulder" tops, and I love the asymmetrical hemline on it too. I've paired this with a rose headband from Claire's, a pixie-hem skirt and patterned tights I've had for ages, and granny boots that were a gift from my friend, Lisa. The necklace is a licensed BatB one from Hot Topic, who are single-handedly putting me in the poorhouse with all of their new licensed BatB merchandise. On the necklace is a rose (the original was way too pink instead of red, so I "repainted" it with red nail polish), mirror, bell jar, and a medallion with a silhouette of Belle and Beast.

I'm holding the 25th anniversary ornament from Hallmark last Christmas. It's a beautiful piece, and I couldn't put it away after the holiday, so it's out on display.


No comments:

Post a Comment