Saturday, March 11, 2017

17 Days of Beauty and the Beast - Day 11: Great Wide Somewhere

Disney's animated Beauty and the Beast is my favorite movie of all time. And my favorite moment of my favorite movie is when Belle runs to the hillside and sings "I want adventure in the great wide somewhere." So when I saw this shirt at the Disney Store last summer, I snatched it up. The fit is great, the fabric is soft and comfortable, and I really love the "great wide" scoop neck. Of course now when I go to the Disney Store website, there's no sign of the shirt anymore, but perhaps they can be found on eBay still.

I'm wearing this shirt with a black silk skirt that flutters against my legs in the breeze. I have a red ribbon at my neck, and a Hibiscus flower in my hair...perhaps brought back from travels in that "great wide somewhere?"

A practical woman comes prepared when venturing into the outdoors, so I'm wearing my Beauty and the Beast sunglasses from Hot Topic. There's nothing overt about them, but I love the shape, and the gold and red rose pattern on the frames.

For once it might be grand to have someone understand...I want so much more than they've got planned.


No comments:

Post a Comment