Friday, March 17, 2017

17 Days of Beauty and the Beast - Day 17: THE Movie Outfit

It has been a fun journey we've taken together, these 17 days of March, leading up to the premiere of the new Beauty and the Beast live action film. At this point, regardless of what any of us end up thinking of the new retelling, it can't tarnish the shine of the masterpiece that is the original animated classic. Right after I post this, I'm leaving to go to our favorite theater to finally see the movie for the first time.

This is the outfit I settled on for the movie premiere day! The whole reason I first gathered together photos of all the Beauty and the Beast fashion items I owned was so that I could try to figure out what I wanted to wear for the movie premiere. And this is it! The shirt is arguably my favorite one I own, from Whosits and Whatsits: "Lumiere's Culinary Cabaret." I love the Art Deco styling and the subtle wink and nod logo. The kimono top is a new item from Hot Topic, and as soon as I saw the design of it, my eyes went all anime-style sparkly and I started making grabby hands.

 The flower crown I made myself. I had to have a "big crafty item" to end this experience. The beads you see are glass marbles backed with scenes from the animated movie. Sometime in the next few days I'll be posting a tutorial on how to make the flower crown.

I truly hope you've enjoyed going on this adventure with me for the last seventeen days. It has been fun to figure out new and creative ways of wearing these wardrobe items I've had, some for years. I'm honestly a little sad to see this fun experience ending, but am excited to wear some of these ensembles I've whipped up this summer when we go to D23 and Disneyland!

Thanks for watching! Please tell me what YOU think of the new movie once you've seen it!


No comments:

Post a Comment