Friday, March 3, 2017

17 Days of Beauty and the Beast - Day 3: My Books

Late last year, I found this shirt on Amazon, and it was right after my mom had asked for a link to my Amazon wish list for gift ideas. It wound up being a Christmas gift from my Grandma, and I love it. It's a great shirt for me to wear to work at the library.

The confusing thing for me was that the words on the shirt are presented as a quote, and for the life of me I couldn't recall Belle ever saying this in the film. But it looks like, after a quick Google, she says this line in the Enchanted Christmas film, which I've only seen once.

I've paired this shirt with a pair of white bloomers. Yes, white bloomers! I'm wearing a pink rose flower crown, (both bloomers and crown were secondhand scores from my friend Lisa) and a necklace from Etsy with an image of deliciously old leatherbound books. My earrings are delicate cameos, and were made by my mom for me. I'm wearing cream-colored sweater wristlets.

The book is a gorgeous hardcover from Amazon of the tale by Gabrielle-Suzanne Barbot de Villeneuve that was just released in celebration of the film. There are all sorts of interactive illustrations and pop-ups in this version, and I'm greatly enjoying it so far.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment