Thursday, March 16, 2017

17 Days of Beauty and the Beast - Day 16: Mrs. Potts!

"Cheer up, child. It'll turn out all right in the end: you'll see!"

I have mentioned before that I actually am not winging it on this challenge: I wrote out a simple list of outfits ahead of time (knowing I could change up details as I wore them) so that I'd be sure to get everything in. Technically, I could have borrowed my husband's new Beauty and the Beast shirt today so that I could be wearing an official clothing item, but as soon as I thought of my Mrs. Potts lunch bag, I realized how fun it would be to do a Mrs. Potts Disneybound.

The lunch bag is from the Disney Store. I got it last year and it's another one that is now only available at a much higher price on eBay.

I had fun figuring out what in my wardrobe I could wear in order to get Mrs. Pott's colorful color scheme of white, pink, teal, and purple. I'm paying homage to her "ruffled cap" with my rose-colored chiffon cap my friend Sara got for my birthday last year.

The Mrs. Potts and Chip pin was part of a New Fantasyland pin set when the updated area of Disney World reopened. "Chip" the teacup is from a tea set I inherited from my grandmother. It's so lovely and delicate, and I love the small roses on the inside lip of each cup.

Ah, "look at me, jabbering on while there's a supper to get on the table!"


No comments:

Post a Comment