Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Beauty and the Beast Day!

This morning, Tom and I woke up at 6 to leave shortly after 7 to get to the Polaris Mall in Columbus shortly before 8 to sit in front of the Disney Store and wait for two hours until they open. Why, you ask?


People have been collecting limited edition Disney dolls for years/decades, but this was the first time I was tempted. I had heard it was a safest bet to get one if you arrive at least two hours early, so that's what we did. And here was our reward:



 First spot in line for both figures I wanted!  Our Disney Store wound up getting 5 Gastons, 8 Beasts, and 16 Belles.

The two hours honestly passed by pretty quickly because we talked to the other Disney fans in line. Today was a pre-order day for these figures, which meant that we just got a receipt to pick the dolls up on September 20th.


But they did have a sample doll there of Belle. Tom warned me that I would cry when I saw her and I did.


Photos do her no justice.

Waiting in line for two hours, this was my view:



But I was able to peer in at the displays, and I noticed there was a big Beauty and the Beast display of items that was half-visible near the front. Since I already had my placeholder card, I made a beeline for the display when the doors opened, and immediately sank deep into "I can't live without this" land. Tom will tell you, I am the original penny pincher. I'll walk around the store with one little thing and then put it back instead of buying it. But apparently I have no such compulsion when it comes to Beauty and the Beast items.

So what does this mean? It means I did my first ever Disney Haul video!


 And if you don't want to watch the whole thing, here's a photo with my loot:



No comments:

Post a Comment