Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Disney World Pressed Pennies Necklace - A Memento Unlike Any Other!

 

I'm always looking for new fun ways to celebrate and remember my Disney trips and the experiences there. One way that some people like to commemorate their trip is by collecting pressed pennies from various locations around the parks. I normally haven't done this in the past because I just didn't know what to do with the resulting stretched pennies. Some people turn them into bracelets, but I'm not a big bracelet wearer (other than the one given to me by my Jawa friend on this last trip). But before our last trip to Disney World, I had a friend on Facebook share something another friend of hers had made. And I instantly loved the idea.

Sara Ann now has an Etsy page so that you can do what I did. Take pennies on your trip (I've heard that pre-1982 pennies press best because after that year, the copper content was greatly decreased) and quarters. Each pressed penny costs 51 cents. And during your trip, just keep an eye open for the pressed penny machines.

During our last trip to Disney, I collected the following:



...and when I got back, I mailed them to Sara Ann. A couple of weeks later, I received a super cool and completely personal memento of our trip to Disney World.






No comments:

Post a Comment