Sunday, September 2, 2018

May 2018 Disney World Trip - Day 5: Hollywood Studios and Solo Evening



Day 5 of our Disney trip dawned, and I had no idea how unusual a day it would end up being.



It was Hollywood Studios day, and this was before Toy Story Land was open. Hollywood Studios was a park in transition. That's a polite way to say there were only like...four rides open, and not much to do. We took a photo in front of the Chinese theater.


Tom and I love the style of the new Mickey short cartoons, so we are quite excited for the new dark ride in the theater, Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway. I think this is also my favorite picture in my Minnie Disneybound. I get a lot of compliments on this skirt every time I wear it at Disney.


This sign over by Rizzo's Pizzeria is an inside joke for Tom and me, so I took a picture next to it.


A few more outfit shots in the classic Hollywood areas of the park.



And a shot with Tower of Terror. I shake my fist at Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout, because that ride has now spoiled me eternally to the enjoyment of the Tower of Terror. MB is just SO MUCH BETTER.



Tom and I got to meet Baby Groot (and Star Lord)


Tom asked him what his favorite tracks were on Awesome Mix Vol 2.


I asked for a solo shot with Groot. Star Lord was offended. I didn't care.


Then we went and met BB8. What a cutie!



Here's where things went a bit different than the norm. Tom was feeling quite worn down, and not well at all. In fact, he was burning up and had a fever. So we went back to the resort, and he took a nap, for basically the rest of the day. But...I felt fine. Well, as fine as one feels on day 5 of a Disney trip. So I did something new for the first time in all our Disney trips.

I went solo.

First I hopped on a bus over to Epcot.


Rode the new Soarin, since the ride queue was short, I was curious about the new film, and Tom wasn't interested in riding it.


Rode Living With the Land, because I know some people love this ride, and I was curious what it was all about. It was rather soothing I must say...like a Peoplemover with plants, and an educational voice over.




Then I wandered over to World Showcase.



I went to France, and got this *delicious* chocolate macaron lollipop, and tomato tart.



And I got a mango sorbet as a second dessert, because why not? It's Disney.


I walked around World Showcase a bit, snapping photos, looking around and relaxing in the atmosphere.


Rode my favorite Epcot ride again, since Tom isn't nearly as big a fan as I am.



And then bid farewell to Epcot before Illuminations started and I might get stuck in the crowds.


Hopping on the monorail over to Magic Kingdom at dusk.


Catching a pretty picture of the castle at dusk.


I rode Small World again, because I enjoy it.



And then rode Haunted Mansion for the quietest time of the trip. I enjoy going on HM when it's a slow evening, and the stretching room isn't full, and you can actually enjoy the creepy factor instead of just hearing other people shout and crowd around.



In fact, it was so slow, I had a chance to take some photos of my beloved bat stanchions.


I asked a Cast Member...actually I asked three...and no one seemed to know why the last three bat stanchions in line were replaced with plain brass balls. It really bothered me, because I have OCD (actual OCD, not a flippant remark) and when I ride the Haunted Mansion, I have a ritual of tapping each of the bats on their heads. There are thirteen stanchions in the queue line, and having three of them gone just threw me totally off my game.

I'm curious when we go back in December to see if the bat stanchions have returned.

After riding Haunted Mansion (twice, actually), I walked over to our favorite place in all of Disney World, just to sit and relax for a while.


And ended up joining the queue line to get my photo with the lantern.


I took a quick night time ride on the Wildest Ride in the Wilderness (tm). Tom and I think night time is the best time to ride Big Thunder Mountain Railroad for sure.



And then moseyed on out of the Kingdom and back to the resort room, to check on Tom.



Thankfully after a good rest, he was ready to go for another parks day on our 6th day.

No comments:

Post a Comment