Sunday, September 2, 2018

May 2018 Disney World Trip - Day 7: Epcot does Beverly

 There comes a time in every Disney trip, usually around the second to the last day, when it starts really becoming real...there's not much time left. In my case, I literally start making lists of all the little things I don't want to forget to do.


This was to be our last Epcot day. I didn't want to forget anything.

We started the morning with a character breakfast at Cape May Cafe. This is a new tradition of ours. The character breakfast is delicious, and there are so many options. We find that at Disney World, a big breakfast can push us through until almost dinner time.




And we love all the characters we get to meet. Since my outfit on this day was themed to Beverly, the infamous "gross" drink at Epcot that I love, I took an informal poll of the sensational seven that day to find out who liked and who didn't like Beverly.











After our breakfast, we made our way by boat to the Epcot international gateway. We started our Epcot morning in France.


A very romantic country.




We checked one item off my list for that day, meeting Belle this trip. I gave her a button with an artwork on it I made.






After this, we walked over to the Japan pavilion. Also on my must-do list for the day was finally experiencing the "pick a pearl"


I absolutely love the pearl I got. I'm still deciding what sort of pearl cage or setting to use for it. In person, it really is a highly iridescent blue-gray color.



When our friend Jeff, from MouseSteps, texted us that he was coming into the park, we went to meet him in Futureworld. Jeff and I have talked a little about my enthusiasm for the phenomenon of "Disney Walls." He shot this behind-the-scenes photo of Tom taking a picture of me on the Blueberry wall.


We popped into Club Cool to get some delicious ice cold Beverly, as our shirts proclaimed. 


Yes, Jeff is also an enthusiast of Beverly.


 We had a running joke about the fake laughs that Instagram ladies tend to do when they pose on the infamous Disney walls, so we did our best with our photo:


And I got a glam photo over in the "Party Zone" with my Beverly ensemble.


Bubblegum wall! See the happy fake laugh?


Jeff proposed that he had a new wall to name in Futureworld. He took us over to the Electric Umbrella restaurant, where a back hallway still has carpeted walls from about 30 years ago.

My opinion of Jeff's new wall came through just a little bit as I posed there.



 We walked over to Norway and met Anna and Elsa. I just love their queue line, and how it's decorated.





 



Not gonna lie, Anna wasn't having the best of days. Elsa was actually more animated this time than she was. Ah well.


I just love the look of the Norway pavilion too. It's so beautiful.



The museum area of Norway was shut down while we were there, making it easy to get some lovely photos in this stunning doorway.



Shortly after this, Jeff's partner Denise joined us in the France pavilion, and we sat and talked for a while as Tom and I shared a delicious baguette, one of our favorite snacks to eat in all of Epcot. Shortly thereafter, we parted ways, and Tom and I went and watched the short movie in the pavilion, while they went to explore what was new in Epcot.

Then it was time for our dinner reservation at Garden Grill. We've never eaten there before, and we were curious to try it, since again, it's a place we'd heard good things about.

It's also a character dining experience, in a rotating restaurant with views out into some of the scenes in the Living with the Land ride.

Our first character was Dale.




Our waiter was taking our drink order when Chip came to our table, so I asked him to choose what drink I got.


This is what you end up with when you ask Chip to choose your drink order.


Truth be told, guys, Garden Grill was just too much for us. Too much food for us to eat, too much that day after such a big breakfast (even by dinner time), and too much money for the amount we'd eat as just the two of us. It wasn't a terrible experience, and we don't regret it, but we won't be doing it again.

 





After dinner, we decided to take a boat over to Hollywood Studios, and catch our favorite evening event: Fantasmic. We had planned to see it earlier in the week, but that was the day Tom got sick. I'm so glad we didn't miss it. (the monkeys are one of my favorite parts)


Only one more Disney day to go, at least on this trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment