Sunday, September 2, 2018

May 2018 Disney World Trip - Day 6: Magic Kingdom

 

For day 6 of our trip, we went back to Magic Kingdom and took it easy.



I dressed in honor of my favorite import from Tokyo Disneyland, Gelatoni. I wore Gelatoni ears, a Gelatoni shirt, and a Gelatoni backpack.





Early morning trip on the Peoplemover.


And a round on the Carousel of Progress. This is my favorite scene.


Ate Mickey ice cream sandwiches...


No matter how hard I try to make a happy face while we're playing Buzz Lightyear, we always end up looking angry because we're so focused.


Went on Pirates of the Caribbean to see how it compared to the Disneyland version. We've been on it before, but it was years ago.


We actually hadn't had a chance yet to see the Festival of Fantasy parade this trip.

My favorite costumes:





Next up, an example of why if you love something at Disney World, you might want to try to experience it each trip.

The Maleficent dragon is the highlight of the whole parade, and we relished seeing her this time as always.


Little did we know that just a few weeks later, the gorgeous dragon would malfunction, break, and we haven't seen any sign of her in the parade ever since.







A quick photo by the castle.


Honestly there aren't many photos from this day, because it was just a classic low-key Disney day.

We did dinner at the buffet at Trail's End, which was the funniest part of the day. When we arrived, I told the waiter that I was allergic to garlic. Next thing I knew, the chef himself was coming out to talk to me about what he could make for me that would work. He suggested a large salad, followed by some of his choices. I didn't have the heart to tell him after he came out that I was vegetarian, because I already felt like I was being such a hassle. He brought out a gorgeous, giant salad, which I sadly didn't get a photo of, and then...oh my gosh, he brought out this incredible tower made from....meat.


I totally ate all the potatoes and corn, but I felt like it was such a waste.

The funny part of this story? After the meal ended, our waiter told me that the Chef was renowned around Disney World for catering to people with food allergies. His number one specialty?

Creating vegan-friendly meals.

Needless to say, next time we go to Trail's End, I'll be telling Chef TJ about ALL the details of my food requests.

No comments:

Post a Comment