Sunday, September 2, 2018

May 2018 Disney World Trip - Day 8: Farewell Magic Kingdom


The final day of a Disney trip is something that is sadly inevitable.



For the last day of our trip, I wore the outfit I was most looking forward to. My Mickey Ice Cream Sandwich Disneybound. With a bag made from scratch by my mom and me. (Mostly my mom, honestly)

So this post starts out with a bit of narcisissm...a bunch of outfit photos.



Here I'm holding free ice cream sandwich one of two. The vendors loved the Disneybound. Because here's the thing...Disney World snack souvenirs (shirts, magnets, etc) are quite common, but the Mickey ice cream sandwich is NEVER featured. Go look online, I can wait. See? Plenty of Mickey pretzels, Dole Whips, and Mickey ice cream bars, but never the humble but delicious ice cream sandwich. 

The ears I had custom made by an Etsy seller who normally did ice cream bar ears instead. The pin on the bow was from an Etsy seller. And the patch on the dress was from another Etsy seller. That was literally the grand total of any items I found online for sale, other than a skirt that was too expensive.


Right after the below two photos, I got my second free ice cream sandwich :D At $5 a sandwich, I didn't say no!




Ok, on to our actual activities of the day. We started our morning with a Haunted Mansion fast pass.


 This time, the photopass photographer didn't even warn us he was setting up for a magic shot with Gus. So yet again we didn't hitch the right way. Next trip, we WILL get a magic shot with the hitchhiking ghosts where we are hitching the right way!!!


Photos with a marvelous photopass photographer in front of the castle.


We went and met Goofy and Donald earlier in the trip, so it was time to go back and meet Daisy and Mickey.


I was telling Daisy, again, that I adore her sass and want her outfit.



And Minnie loved my bag.




We met up with Sara Ann, our Cast Member friend, and rode the Peoplemover and walked around with her.

I also got a Millennial Pink Milkshake out of curiosity. It was..........very sweet. Very very sweet.


 Finally it was time for our end-of-trip tradition: meeting Mickey and saying farewell and thank you for the memories.

And I got my first red card of the trip!!





Like Maleficent's dragon, this ended up being another farewell. Mickey no longer talks when you meet him at the theater. This was our last chance to talk to him and have him talk back. 




Goodbye, Mickey, and goodbye, Disney World. We can't wait to see you again, and will miss you so much.


No comments:

Post a Comment