Friday, August 31, 2018

May 2018 Disney World Trip - Day 4: Animal Kingdom and Meg!

Welcome to day 3 of our May Disney trip! For our third day, we went to Animal Kingdom to explore Pandora for the first time in daylight. To be honest, even though everyone raves about Pandora at night, I preferred it in the day.


The extra magic hours that morning made it easy to hop right on Flight of Passage for our second ride of the trip.


 Every detail of Pandora was amazing. We sat for a while to relax, and I was in awe at all the details. Notice how they used not only the size of the floating islands, but also the color to make some recede into the background and look like this area is miles and miles and miles larger than it actually is.


Ahhh all the details!!






 

After we rode Flight of Passage, it was still within the first hour of extra magic hours, so we went over and rode Navi River Journey twice without a fast pass. I know this ride gets a lot of flack, and I can see how compared to Flight of Passage, which is the pinnacle of Disney magic right now, this would fall short. But I loved it. It is quiet, meditative, calm, beautiful.


My favorite part:




More photos in Pandora:


Our next stop was to go on Kilimanjaro Safaris. We've been on the safari enough times that I really don't take photos, I just enjoy it. Except the lion when he's on the rock. I love that view.


We walked around the Tree of Life to Asia, and went on the ride that my outfit was themed to that day.


For those who may not know, Expedition Everest features a yeti as part of the story line. At the end of the roller coaster, an animatronic yeti is supposed to swoop his hand down toward you to try to catch you as you ride by. But shortly after the ride opened, the super-heavy animatronic shifted, broke, and no longer moved. The problem is...the animatronic is actually built into the mountain of the ride. So he was never fixed. Instead, they put bright flashing lights on that part of the ride, leading to his nickname he has had ever since: Disco Yeti!!



We had a fun photopass photographer here who gave us a couple of magic shots.



 I did a disco move on the ride.


Got a few shots with yeti around the ride. The ears I made. The design on them is a shrine image with the yeti on it. You pass underneath this artwork on the ride, as your coaster travels upward through a shrine in the mountains.

Credit Link




At this point we wondered what to do next. A friend of mine who is a Cast Member FINALLY told me exactly when you could find DiVine at the park entrance. We've wanted to meet DiVine *EVERY TRIP* since we started going to Disney, and we never had any luck. Finally, finally. Today was the day.




Meandering around, we met Timon.


And Pocahontas.


 Our next fast pass was for Tom's favorite thing in all of Disney World: the Finding Nemo musical.


This is a must-do in our Animal Kingdom day.

Back to Pandora for our Flight of Passage fast pass. Third time riding it this trip!



And I got my photo on the infamous mossy wall, though the light wasn't great for it.


Time to head out from Animal Kingdom. Farewell, Tree of Life!



And off to Disney Springs, for dinner at Blaze Pizza with Meg Spiro, a friend of mine online who I'd never met in person! Dinner was marvelous, and afterward we stopped by the Coke store so that I could FINALLY try this elixir of the gods.....

A BEVERLY FLOAT


You can tell I loved it.



Thanks Meg, for a lovely evening!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment