Sunday, July 15, 2018

May 2018 Disney World Trip - Day 3: Magic Kingdom Vow Renewal

 
Today I get to share a very very special day with you. Our ten year wedding anniversary is October 3rd, but Disney World is very very busy at that time of year, so we decided to do our vow renewal, and celebrate our anniversary, on our May trip.




I stumbled across the work of LW Photography in a Disney Facebook group. Her post didn't include a link, but mentioned that she had taken the photos of a couple in the Magic Kingdom. They were amazing...the photos looked like they had the whole park to themselves, and the colors were all so beautifully light and romantic. I looked her up, contacted her, and we pre-paid for our session.

We met her at the confectionery on Main Street, and took our first photos there too. For two hours, we strolled around the Magic Kingdom. She had asked ahead of time for any places that were especially meaningful to us that we wanted to make sure were included. We mentioned the Haunted Mansion, the Rapuzel restrooms, and our tradition of getting a Mickey Pants Kitchen Sink sundae each trip.











It was a very busy morning in the Magic Kingdom. Can you tell from any of these pictures? Didn't think so. She's *good.* 



This shot of us strolling through Rapunzel's area was challenging to get, but it's my third favorite shot she got!









And these two photos are my first and second favorite shots she got. She knew all the secrets! For instance, I would have NEVER realized this iron bench wasn't bolted down, and could be moved to face the castle instead of away from it. Smart!!




We went over to Cinderella's wishing well, and had our actual vow renewal. She was there for that too!



And then we threw our quarters into the wishing well.











We ended our session at the ice cream shop on Main Street, with our sundae. 



We took this happy selfie waiting in line for our ice cream.


When we were all done, we got this shot with Lauren. She was surprised...apparently she said people never ask her for a photo with her. What?! That's awful. She made this magical experience happen.


By this point, Tom was quite uncomfortable in his long pants and dress shirt. So we stopped by the purple wall to get some shots for me:








And got a classic Main Street photo in our outfits...my favorite of the photo pass photos from the trip:





By this point, we were quite experienced at kissing for the camera. LOL


We have so many kitchen sink bowls now, but you can't just throw it away! 


After this, we went back to the resort and just rested for a while. That evening, I had scored an elusive reservation for dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table in the castle. I have heard very mixed reviews of eating there, but it was still a bucket list thing for Disney World, so we went into it with low expectations, thankfully. It was both the most expensive meal we've had, and the most underwhelming. 

 
 Snow was probably the most pleasant princess to meet.




Meanwhile, Ariel was the worst character I've ever met. She came up to our table, took my hand, and literally *CLAWED* into my palm, pulling me up faster than I could stand to take a photo. Dude!! The look on my face says it all, a mix of amusement, shock, and disgust. 




The food itself was less than memorable too.






The views inside were gorgeous though. That was one plus.


 





The worst part of the dining experience came later, in the middle of the night, when I suddenly woke up, and barely made it to the bathroom in time to bring back up the expensive dinner I had eaten.

I was scared I had food poisoning, but I went back to bed, slept fine, and was ok the next morning.

Still...a one-and-done experience at Disney World for sure.

Stay tuned for the next day's blog, in which we visit Animal Kingdom and see Pandora in daylight for the first time!


No comments:

Post a Comment