Wednesday, February 13, 2019

December 2018 Disney World Trip Day 5 - Farewell Magic Kingdom



All good things must come to an end, including Disney trips. This morning, we woke up early to check our bags at the airline counter at the resort (such a great service) and headed off to Magic Kingdom. 


Our day started with a breakfast at Crystal Palace with Pooh and Friends. We still like this character breakfast, but once again, Cape May has us spoiled.





Poor Piglet. There was a table of adults right before us on the tour of tables, and one of the people at the table was eating sausage and bacon, and started basically taunting Piglet with it. Even after Piglet started hiding his head against a chair, they kept laughing. Even when he walked to the corner by their table and hid his head, they kept filming.

When he came to our table, I told him he's my favorite Pooh character, which is absolutely true. And then I leaned in comfortingly to him and said "and by the way, Piglet, I'm vegetarian, so you don't have to worry about a repeat of that terrible table over there."

Piglet commenced giving me the biggest, most heartfelt hug. I'm sure it's hard getting that same joke again and again and again at the character breakfast, poor guy.



We love Eeyore too.

 

And who DOESN'T love Tigger?




After breakfast, the lighting on this super rainy day was perfect for a castle picture, so we got in line, and realized as we reached the front that our Photopass photographer was the same guy from the first day of our trip. Not only did we recognize him, but *he recognized us* and remembered where he took our picture, what we were wearing that day, etc. So impressive, considering how many people he photographs in a day! 





Then it was time, of course, to head over to the Purple Wall for outfit photos.


The story behind this outfit: I am obsessed with Left Reindeer. Left Reindeer is a reindeer in the SO SO good Christmas show, Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration, who is known for breaking out and boogieing down to the music.

Consider exhibit A:


Fast forward to 7:15 and look at the reindeer second-from the left, who later moves to be all the way on the left. And be delighted. (Video courtesy MouseSteps)

I totally wanted to do a Left Reindeer outfit, and I didn't care if anyone would get the joke or not. Very few people did, to be honest. I originally was going to wear this on our Christmas party night, but it was SO COLD there was just no way. It might have been rainy this day, but it was definitely warmer, so I got my chance to wear this.



The shirt I commissioned my AMAZING friend Meg to design, and she put it up on TeePublic for anyone who wants one.



 The headpiece I made by combining a set of reindeer antlers (um...made for dogs, but ya know...whatever works) with a top hat from a Christmas headband I spray painted silver and added a ribbon to.


You can tell I really love this outfit. I did have two CMs during the day "get" the bound, and then a group of them at the end of the day.

You can totally tell it was a super rainy day from my hair though. Holy cow. Fluffy drowned rat.


Tom also wore a matching Lefty shirt. 


We went to Tomorrowland to ride the Peoplemover, and also go to the Laugh Floor. I've gotten pretty good at predicting who is going to be "That Guy" in that show.



 
Time was running short, but we had to do one more ride on the Haunted Mansion.




A short line made a ride on Pirates possible. I love how you can just see my antlers. LOL


  I asked Tom to take photos of me posing with the stage where Left Reindeer performs.



And then we went on a classic carousel ride. 


A wistful farewell look down Main Street in the rain....



We have the tradition to meet Mickey at Town Square Theater right before we leave on the last day, so we can tell him thank you for our magical memories on the trip. 



I love this shot the photographer got as I was telling Mickey how much the magic of the parks means to us.




And delightfully, the CMs in the room totally recognized my bound, and asked me to do some Left Reindeer moves.


One last farewell hug.


We managed to have enough time after meeting Mickey to watch the Festival of Fantasy parade, since it started an hour earlier than normal since it was a Party night. Afterward, we bittersweetly left the park and came back to the resort, where I changed out of my damp clothes into, of course, the comfy cozy hoodie.

Surprisingly, we caught some characters in the lobby at Art of Animation, and got to meet Donald before the trip ended. I bet he would be pleased to know our tradition of ending the park with Mickey was changed to ending it with Donald (#1!)


Farewell Disney! But we are Annual Passholders now, and who knows when we will be back? ;)

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete