Monday, February 11, 2019

December 2018 Disney World Trip Day 3 - Epcot

 
Day three of our trip, we finally made our way over to Epcot to explore the Festival of the Holidays, and the magic of Disney returned to our hearts.

The morning started with a reservation at Cape May Cafe, our favorite place to do a character breakfast buffet anywhere on property. Their buffet is easy to navigate, full of delicious food, we aren't tucked into a corner and forgotten because there are only two of us, and the characters always give us wonderful interactions.

Also, I wore my favorite outfit of the trip this day, my Christmas maxi dress, and got some great compliments on my dress and ears. One lady even said I looked like a Christmas angel!




 

 


Goofy always goes in for a side arm shot, and I'm just the right height that my face is obscured by his whiskers. So I asked to do a different pose.


Demonstrating the problem that occurs if we pose the normal way:



The chocolate carousel was as beautiful as always, in the lobby of the Beach Club.



I asked Tom to take some photos of my outfit with the carousel.


 We took the boat over to the Epcot international gateway entrance, and one of the guards at bag check delighted me by calling out "this line is for Christmas presents onl...oh! Step right up!" Hahaha.

I asked Tom if we could make a beeline over to France, since I had heard that Belle might be meeting during the holidays in her Christmas outfit, which I've never seen in person.

She was!


 Of course I explained that she is my favorite Disney princess, and I was excited to meet her in this outfit. I pointed out that I wore my dress for the occasion too.






Right as I finished meeting Belle, Pere Noel was starting a talk at the plinth right next to where Belle meets. We watched his presentation, and then he asked afterward if anyone wanted photos. Yes! I adore Old World Santa!


 
After seeing Tim Tracker's video of the holiday presenter in Norway, I knew I wanted to see that one too. We hopped the boat across World Showcase back to Norway, and I got to talk to this lovely older woman as we waited. She made this hat, and swaps out the decorations for every season! How fun!


Norway told the story of the Nisse, or "Barn Santa," and is about the best thing ever.


My love of folklore and fairies makes this by far my favorite world showcase holiday presentation. 


 Next was our Fast Pass for Frozen Ever After. Tom and I were trying to make Elsa hand gestures, but his wound up looking a bit different to our British friends. Unintentional!


Tom was wearing his Sadness and Baymax shirt, so we went to meet them.



I love these photos of Sadness' reaction to Tom's shirt:



Here, they're near the exit to their meet and greet area, looking over at Baymax to wave hi.
 



 I was pretty exhausted by this point, so we went over to the Land Pavilion and got some snacks and I rested my feet for a while. Then we went back and met Baymax.







Then, we made our way into a pretty long line to meet Vanellope and Wreck it Ralph. I was upset when, after waiting for a half hour, Ralph quit meeting with Vanellope about four groups ahead of us, but we still had fun meeting her alone.

I love how the photos of us when we first meet a character so often look like we're meeting a visiting dignitary or monarch. LOL





Vanellope liked my candy on my dress. 



 

We walked over to France, and I tried some of the food available at the festival booth there. Afterward, we had ice cream and just walked around the pavilion a bit. On our way back to the front of the park, we stopped for a photopass photographer, and the pictures didn't turn out great, but the memories are there.



Farewell, Epcot.


In bed at a decent hour, and ready to wake up early again and rope drop Slinky Dog Dash at Hollywood Studios! Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete